Monday, September 27, 2010

Country Living Fair, Columbus Ohio, 2010



My husband and I spent this past weekend attending the Country Living Fair and antiquing in Ohio. We had a terrific time! The Country Living Fair surpassed my expatiations! And the antiquing in Ohio is just amazing. Nothing like it in my home area so it was a great new experience for me.

I’d love to share our little trip with you. Today I’ll tell you a little about the fair and in the next week or two I’ll tell you about a few different vendors that stood out for me. So please check back. (You can sign up for new posts notifications to the right.)

This is the first time my hubby and I left the kids without one of us…ever! Even though they are teenagers, it was a big deal for me. Thanks to my parents (who I am so very grateful for) the kids were just fine and mostly well behaved. My parents also took good care of my doggie, who was not so well behaved, but grandma and grandpa put up with her anyhow!

We left early Thursday and drove to Ohio, and did some antiquing. I’ll tell all about it at another time…but for now…the Country Living Fair!

Friday morning in the hotel breakfast room we met two delightful ladies from Pittsburgh who were attending for the second year. Their enthusiasm was contagious! So by the time we arrived I was full of energy and ready too go!

We purchased early bird tickets which worked out great. We got fantastic parking (hubby made 5 trips back to the car to drop off my loot!). We had to wait in line about 40 minutes which was fun. We enjoyed talking to the people around us.






The venue for the fair was a perfect match! Just beautiful! Tons of country charm!

When the gates opened and the first thing I did was renew my subscription to Country Living magazine for only $5.00. Hey, I love a bargain! They were also selling terrific tote bags. The were gorgeous! I regret not buying one, but I had several with me. (Next time for sure!)

It really was nice having early bird tickets. Since I’m an antiquer, I buy mostly one of a kind items so shopping before the huge crowd is better for me. Thanks to the ladies from Pittsburgh we knew where the majority of the antique vendors were located and headed there first. I found some great vintage tablecloths and vintage tea towels.

This is me in my element ~ Digging for linen treasures!

I went head-over-heels for these pumpkins! Can you imagine the amount of time it took to add each one of those rhinestones? I brought home a lot of Halloween and fall items from this booth!






Starting to get crowded...and HOT! But everyone is so nice and polite. No grouches here! LOL!

Another great pile of linens to dive into!





The fair had a nice variety of items and styles.

Cute Halloween display.

I loved all the different kinds of jewelry.

How cute are these?


This is just a SMALL sampling of the fair. If anyone recognizes any of the booths or artists, please let me know and I will add their name to the photo. There was just too many for me to keep track!

My vintage linen treasures found at The Country Living Fair!



Please stop back. I'll share more very soon!

7 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun and fabulous weekend you had. I must say that I'm a tad bit jealous over that lovely pile of pretty linens you found. That alone would have made the weekend perfect in my opinion. Can't wait to see all the other treasures you found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like it was so fun!!!!!! oh my gosh.....look at that linen loot! WOW!!!! how exciting! I would love to have gone with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a blast! My daughter Sarah went with her MIL. She said it was fabulous.
    I can't wait to see all of your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep sharing, Holly! Love seeing your treasures and I am so happy that you had so much fun!!

    Maybe its time I come visit and go with you next year!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! Putting it on my TO DO list for next year for sure! :) xo P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! I wanted to go so badly but couldn't find anyone to go with me. It's a shame because it isn't that far from me. I would have dived into that bassinet of linens..what fun! Thanks for sharing your trip! We definitely had some hot temperatures for it this year..I prefer the cooler temps now.

    Hugs ~ Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how much fun! I would have loved going. You are too lucky to be able to go. Those tablecloths are just fabulous. You have such a great eye for the best stuff!!!!
    Hugs, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete