Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thrift Store Cabinet Redo

As promised here's our kitchen cabinet redo.

Looked like this piece may have been to a more formal dining set. My husband removed the finial, sanded, and sanded. Then sanded some more. Lots of Kilz primer and then the paint.

TA DA!

I'm just so happy with the results!

I had purchased "new" vintage hardware but it just did not look right. So the original went back on. I think it works well with the dark floor and the dark frame from the tea towel picture.

I'm so thrilled to have a safe place to display my favorite vintage Fiestaware pieces and of course my Wilendurs!

4 comments:

  1. Another amazing job! Love your cabinet and your display. Girlfriend, your Fiesta collection rocks! All of this was well worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job and so inspirational! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, We are just starting to remodel on a budget and you have given me much inspiration. Our kitchen cabinets are oak and were put in in 1985. I cannot wait to paint them white! Your cabinet is gorgeous! It so reminds me of my tablecloth closet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous!! You did a beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete