Sunday, October 19, 2008

Yesterday's Antiquing Finds

Twice a year, my home town has a nice, but small antique show. The autumn show is always the best and this year was no exception! I found lots of wonderful vintage and cottage chic goodies. Here a just a few of my finds.

Funny how the collecting powers of the universe work. I’ve been collecting vintage powder compacts for years. Lately I haven’t been pursing them. But three lovelies found me yesterday! These first two are from the 1933 Chicago Worlds Fair.





And I just fell for this charming little book. The cover is a soft green with gorgeous pink roses and a silver spine. And the seller, a wonderful shabby chic gal, added the matching ribbon and sweet tiny button. Oh, her booth was cottage heaven! I also picked up this cute filigree and silhouette powder compact. It’s an oldie and I just love it!







This gorgeous vintage Warner Christmas pin is a little early holiday splurge for me!



I picked up a lot of other sweet finds, and regret a few a left behind. But it was a wonderful day!





4 comments:

  1. Oh my...........I guess you got some goodies.......I love that book and that silouette compact...you should post pics again of your whole collection....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great blog, love the color and pics. I love the silouette compact too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, show us all your compacts. Its wonderful these found their way home with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly.....I love your old powder compacts. I have one that belonged to my great-grandmother ("Gee-Gee"). I'm sure I'll be seeing you around Make Mine Pink.

    Pink hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete