Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's amazing what a little sunshine can do!

I spend my winters longing for spring. Once Christmas is over, the snow can go! The darkness, the cold, the piles upon piles of snow...It's just depressing! But today came a welcome surprise! SUNSHINE!!!

So I decided to go along with the ol' coonhound and see how the backyard fared so far this winter.

Normally a gorgeous pink, the coneflowers are wearing a snow hat.



The hydrangea look like wanna-be snowballs.




The winter hanging basket let Nature add her own decorations of icicles and sparkle.





While I still long for the springs green grass, colorful flowers, and warmer breezes, today I found some beauty in winter. And for today, I promise not to complain once about the cold!

Sunny, however, makes no such promises!

7 comments:

  1. It still must be cold, with the icicles and snow - we have sun here today, unseasonably warm. There is a powerful storm expected to come through this week, and I do hope you don't get it. So far, it is supposed to be farther north than us, in east TN, but that could change. I am ready for April!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics, Holly. The woods here are gorgeous, tall pines shrouded in pristine white. Always good to find beauty in the here and now.
    Hugs, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving that awesome winter arrangement with the snow on top. Great winter pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you feel. I'm longing for Spring also. Gorgeous day today Sun is shining beautifully,but it is just teasing us, we are expecting more snow and ice today..tomorrow..etc..etc..But looking on the bright side is that Spring is almost here! have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, but I'M WITH SUNNY!!!

    P)

    Love your winter photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Holly, I just posted some brunch pics!

    ReplyDelete