Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring!

I don't know about you, but I'm loving this early spring! I visited the garden center today and got some early blooming beauties!

Origami Red & White Columbine. More deep maroon then red, so it's very striking.

Winky Columbine. Gorgeous double blooms.

It's too soon to plant the columbine so I'll have to baby them and protect them from frost. I don't want to lose these unusual beauties.

And of course, I had to pick up a few baskets of the hardy and sweet pink pansies. Love the different shades...

  

 I'm anxious to get my hands in the soil! Won't be long now.!

In addition to sharing my floral finds, I wanted to say "thank you" for all the prayers and kind notes upon the loss of my mother-in-law.  I appreciate everyone's understanding about postponing Teacup Tuesdays. I'll do two drawings on Tuesday the 27th of March. Both the vintage teaspoons and Royal Albert Old Country Rose teacup will be given away. There is still time to enter! Monday Markdowns will resume shortly. Please watch your email for the notification. And of course, I have a lot of new vintage treasures coming to The Pink Rose Cottage that you won't want to miss. Check often. I don't know what my schedule will be but I'll be adding them as fast as I can.

Happy weekend my friends. Hope it's a wonderful one for all!

4 comments:

  1. I just love your new flowers - they're such beautiful colors! I hope to see more of them as they flourish in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see I am not the only one that love pansies. I love the purples and am hoping maybe to find some time to plant some. I have been so busy with everything that flowers are the last thing to think about at the moment. Have a great weekend Your Missouri Friend. P.S. I get your e-mails for your shop and I thought I was a follower of your blog, but I didn't see me but I am a follower now. I signed up to receive your blog posting

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are lovely and would look even better in my backyard. I was thinking of getting some yellow and pink ones. Your collection is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete