Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Decorating for Saint Patrick’s Day is challenging!

There really isn’t a lot out there for those of us who like to decorate for St. Patrick’s Day. Of course, it could be said that I tend to over-do. But if it’s green, I’m going start grabbing it so I can add to my decorations for next year.

I found this cute vintage planter at a local thrift shop. It was a must have. I also have picked up a few Lefton Leprechaun figurines over the years and these darling Irish children dancing a jig.


And last summer I picked up these sweet vintage chenille shamrock pins at a church rummage sale. I got a bag full. I have them scattered around the house.


We have a local winery that makes Saint Patrick’s Day wine. I’m hoping to get out that way to pick up a bottle. But my husband grumbles, “that’s just apple wine with green food coloring.” I’ve got a few drops of Irish blood, so it’s Irish wine to me!!

4 comments:

  1. Your blog looks beautiful, and so does your new shoppe. I, too, love St Patrick's day. I fully intend to cook a corned beef dinner, and dance an irish jig. I have a few deocrations up, but you are right, there are just not that many out there. I adore your figurines! Hope you have a terrific Tuesday, girlfrined! Hugs, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the chenille shamrocks.....so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love apple wine. The guys at work always put green food die in their beer for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly! that looks so adorable under the cloche. . . . love it! Is that a hanky in there, too??

    Those little chenille shamrocks are just adorable! I love church rummage sales ~ 'round these parts it's all the sweet little blue-haired ladies that run them, I just love chit chatting with them, they speak our vintage language, y'know???

    ReplyDelete