Sunday, September 12, 2010

Annual Neighborhood Garage Sale


Our annual neighborhood garage sale was this past weekend. The neighborhood association has been sponsoring this sale the first Saturday after Labor Day since the early 1970's and it really has become a tradition. We had one lady tell us that she plans her trips home from North Carolina around this weekend so she doesn't miss the sale.

This year we had 5 different people driving golf carts to do their shopping (we are not within a golfing community.) And even had one family come on a small yard tractor pulling a trailer full of people stopping at each sale!

An Amish family rented a space across the street in our neighbors front lawn to sell homemade baked goods and jellies. The cost of rent they were charged - one cherry pie. LOL. Oh my their creamed filled doughnuts were out of this world and worth the extra work I'll need to do at the gym this week!

I didn't participate by selling my own things, but did help out my parents who are downsizing. Oh what a load of goodies they had! Here are a few pictures taken before we got too busy.












It was nice to visit with neighbors and meet a lot of people. We had a fun but exhausting few days!

11 comments:

  1. Oh My..... So many lovely goodies to see. I could have spent quite a bit of money at those garage sales by the looks of things. Sure wish I lived closer and could have come to do some shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEVER find sales like this!! Just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like the best yard sale ever!!! i am in LOVE with the pink kitchen fridge and little stove!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow........look at all that great stuff! Sounds like you had a blast...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Holly! I would have loved this sale - my heart beats faster just looking at this stuff. Did you get any of this wonderful loot to list in your shop?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I spotted my childhood pink refrigerator there...I would have snapped the whole set up immediately.....This is just wonderful...I love all those goodies....should those pieces still be around, please email me pronto!!!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is my kinda sale!! LOVE the sweet pink rose hat!! Goodness, so many goodies to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, how I would have loved to be there. My wallet would have been empty by the time I left. I can see where you get your great taste.....your parents have some beautiful things. Of course, it's now too chilly here in Maine for anymore yard sales. I'll have to wait till next year. (sigh)
    Hugs, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what lovely things! Very high quality for a yard sale. Did you resist buying yourself Holly?

    Amish pastries....drooling, LOL! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, I would have LOVED to have been at that yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWEEEEEEEEEEEE what a sale!!!! My dibs would have been on that beautiful pink hat and the pink and white doiley with roses!!! Someone was very lucky to get them!!!

    ReplyDelete