Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Vintage Tablecloth Lovers Club




I LOVE vintage tablecloths! In fact they are pretty much an obsession for me! When I joined The Vintage Tablecloth Lovers Club I had 44 tablecloths in my collection. None I spent more then a dollar on at a garage sale.

Today, well I haven’t counted but, I estimate I have upwards of 500 tablecloths. I’ve spread my collecting wings and now hunt antique stores, ebay and online shops. But a garage sale find is still my biggest thrill!

My very favorite cloths are Wilendurs. Followed by Broderie and anything pink! Florals are up there with cloths that make me go Ahhhhh….and if they are roses, well you know that thrills me!!

If you haven’t stopped over at The Vintage Tablecloth Lovers Club in a while, you might not know about our Tablecloth Database. The TLC now has the only searchable tablecloth identification database! It’s really wonderful. A quick and easy way to put a manufacturer and pattern name to your tablecloth. This database was created and is maintained by TLC members. So you know this is an amazing collection all in one place!

Please stop by. We’d love to have you as a member! Not only will you enjoy the database, you’ll meet a lot of nice people who share a passion for vintage linens.

And a reminder….If you haven’t signed up for The Pink Rose Cottage giveaway, please do so now. Entries accepted through Friday, October 2 until midnight. Good luck!

7 comments:

  1. Your collection is amazing! I am a huge vintage tablecloth and vintage fabric lover so I'll be popping over to check out the site you recommend! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I thought I had a lot of table clothes. I did not know there was a club. I will have to stop by next. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. 500?? That is totally amazing!! I do love my vintage table treasures!
    Blessings~LillySue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this great information source. I love vintage linens, especially tablecoths. Hugs, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy cow! That is a lot of tablecloths! I love the vintage 50's colors, most of what I have are cutters, and they are so fun to work with to repurpose to a new use. BUT I do have a 1950 to die for cloth that my mom got for a wedding gift that is PRISTINE. Can yo believe she told me to cut it up to use for my projects??? I think not mom!! She just didnt know how collectible her cloth really was!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! What a collection. I think I would have such a hard time parting with them. Some of the items I have sold in the past I am still pining over.....LOL

    ReplyDelete